POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Too many nested objects : Re: Too many nested objects Server Time
2 Jun 2024 14:45:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Too many nested objects
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 18 Sep 2004 19:50:55
Message: <414cc9df@news.povray.org>
> This workaround can be used for basically any situation except those where
> the interiors of the objects are important.

I'm working with a particle system which uses textured, hollow half-spheres
(that are halved using clipped_by), in addition with a few complete spheres
filled with media, so the workaround cannot be applied. I'm also not quiet
sure how many particles there are. In effect, if I'd close the rear end of
the half-spheres, so that POV-Ray knows when it exits a particle, it might
work better? Or does POV-Ray know it, and I'm simply using too many
particles/spheres?

Do you, by any chance, know exactly how deep into objects POV-Ray can trace
without reaching the nested-max?

Regards,
Tim

--